Monday, June 27, 2011

crash


Standing much too close

To the hoof

I can feel pot liquor

And BBQ sauce

Beading up on my brow

Head swimming with the

Threat of the sugar diabetes

I am forced to find

The cool spot in the shade

I idly watch

The little brown children

Playing hopscotch

Under netless basketball goals

And they Crash into each other

A fire crackles against

A blackened metal drum

Just in between the beats

Of a sax down low

And a killer baseline

Shoulders rock an invitation

To find their step

In a full tilt electric slide

With shouts of “yeah”

And “alright now”

Until house slippers pop

Without shame under

A swerving hip

And they Crash into each other

Standing much too close

To a crackling fire

I can feel the heat

Beading up on my brow

And just in between the sips

With my head swimming

To that killer baseline

You rock my shoulders

With your full tilt electric smile

Lips parted to whisper

“Alright now”

At the end of this summer day

I can’t wait to get home so we

Can Crash into each other

No comments:

Post a Comment