Sunday, August 14, 2011

marginilized

I

Am waiting in your margins

Waiting patiently for you

To know my thoughts and dreams

To see me as I am

Out here on the other side

Of your punctuation

I

Am waiting in your margins

Living beyond the ink

I imitate memories

That I do not own

Of you saying love in

Penciled echoes

I

Lie just outside your margins

Naked and sumptuously warm

Waiting on the touch

Formed in flesh memories

Capturing in sepia tones

Charcoal shadows

I

Linger in the margins

In an imperfect light

Speaking to God

Of how my heart wants

To find promised favor

And printed solace

I

Will remain here in the margins

Needing to be called to you

And it is cold on the outside

Of your arms

But like a word once written

I will always be yours

© NP 8/14/11

No comments:

Post a Comment